Grateful Giving to Christian Education



"You last logged food or exercise 3 days ago." My Lose It! app is flashing!

The most difficult part of watching my calories....or living by a budget....is logging what I spend. It's when I'm disciplined enough to track spending that I know how I'm REALLY doing.

Financial advisors provide guidelines for our personal budgets. As my husband and I determined to provide a distinctly Christian education for our three sons, we knew we needed to adjust our budget. Either some expenses had to decrease, or our income had to increase!

Educational institutions, of course, also operate by a budget. Some live within a budget, but others do not.

Little Rock Christian Academy, in accordance with its accrediting agencies, SAIS (www.sais.org), CESA (www.cesaschools.org) and ANSAA (www.ansaa.com), operates within a balanced budget. The board of trust determines, and the Head of School manages, a budget which does not rely on projected future income (debt), or even current charitable donations to meet the operational requirements of the current school year.

Tuition and fees provide 98% of Little Rock Christian's operating budget. The remaining 2% comes from auxiliary operations (such as facility rentals) and interest income. As a private school, tax revenue is not a source of income for LRCA.

All of the buildings on the campus are paid in full! So, the school's largest expense is faculty/staff salaries. 70% of the budget goes directly to teachers and staff in the form of a paycheck. An additional 12% funds their benefits, such as health insurance.

The daily cost of operating the facilities – electric and water service, internet and technology, janitorial, and insurance total around 11% of operating expenses. 5% pays the cost of instruction – the materials and supplies that teachers use every day. Only 2% is used for administrative services – things such as software programs, postage, copying, office supplies, etc.

So what happens when the school needs new stuff? A better building, curriculum, technology, or equipment. How do we pay for those important items?

Rather than inordinately raising tuition to pay for advancements, and to avoid weighty interest payments on debt, LRCA (a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization) relies on charitable donations to remain a competitive educational institution which prepares men and women for college and beyond. Annual Fund gifts provide advancements each year which equip students to excel.

The product of a Little Rock Christian education: Families who are equipped to thrive in tumultuous times.

Because of your gifts beyond tuition, LRCA continues to equip students to excel by providing a distinctly Christian education.

Christian education deserves a significant line item in your personal budget. Your family will be better for it. Our community will be strengthened. So as you feel the pain of tracking your expenditures, I pray that God blesses your sacrifice.


Learn more about Giving to LRCA




Cindy McLeod

Little Rock Christian Academy
Director of Advancement


Other Stories of Interest:

Warriors named to High School All Region Choir

Congratulations to the following high school Warriors who auditioned and made the All Region Choir on October 21. These students will join top vocalists from the region on Saturday, November 11 at Conway High School for All Region Clinic followed by a concert in the evening. Congratulations ladies!

Read more
Taylor Shaw takes Runner Up in Tennis

Little Rock Christian Academy is proud of Warrior Taylor Shaw who took the Arkansas State Overall Girls Singles Runner-Up in Tennis. Taylor's perseverance and talent are recognized through this achievement.

Read more
Cross Country Conference Champions

Congratulations to the Varsity Cross Country Teams on winning Conference Championships...again!

Allison Risius and Jackson Landers were the individual Conference Champions. The senior girls have won conference four years in a row and the senior boys have won twice in a row.

Read more
Why the Arts Matter

Growing up in today's world presents challenges that didn't exist 20 years ago, which often makes a parent ask how to best equip their child for success. An education that includes the arts develops skills which are increasing important in the workplace as well as life outside of work. As a Fine Arts faculty, we have adopted this "Top Ten Skills" list to remind ourselves and our students why we do what we do.

Read more
How to Survive and Thrive in Junior High

Whether you have a long standing LRCA student, or one that is new to Warriorville, your Junior High student will face a variety of unique challenges this year. It just goes with the territory. Here are a few thoughts I have found helpful with this age group.

Read more
Powered by Finalsite