History

1977 - The Bible Church of Little Rock launched Walnut Valley Christian Academy with 11 Kindergarten students.

1979 - With Herb Lyon as Administrator, the school continued to add grade levels, reaching a total enrollment of 71 students.

1980-82 - Walnut Valley continued to grow on the Bible Church campus with a total enrollment of 164 students. The first school yearbook was published.

1983 - Roger Yancey became Administrator, and the school continued to grow.

1987-88 - Walnut Valley added 8th grade.

1988-89 - The school was accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International.

1989-90 - Grades 5 through 8 moved to the Breckenridge Village campus.

1993-94 - Biblical Worldview Curriculum was developed.

1994-95 - Under the direction of Administrator Boyd Chitwood, the school became independent from the Bible Church of Little Rock and added 11th grade.

1996-97 – Twenty acres on Highway 10 was purchased for a new school campus. The school reached enrollment of 575 and launched its first graduating class.

1997-98 - Upper school students moved to modular buildings on the Highway 10 campus.

1998-99 - Warrior Dome was constructed on Hwy 10 campus. School joined AAA for interscholastic sports.

1999-2000 - Soccer/Football Field was completed.

2001-02 – School’s official name changed to Little Rock Christian Academy. New high school building and gym completed. All students are moved to Highway 10 campus!

2002-03 - New activities building constructed for band, art, and Biblical Worldview classrooms. Enrollment reached 1025.

2003-04 - Multi-purpose building replaced the Warrior Dome for assemblies, athletics and additional classrooms.

2004-05 - School purchased additional 20 acres west of campus for future expansion. Enrollment hit 1200 students.

2007-08 - Dr. Gary Arnold hired as Head of School. He introduced "The Golden Triangle," and high school launched J-Term experiences.

2009-10 - The campus expanded on the west acreage to include a new high school building, new location for middle school, and renovated elementary school and fine arts center.

2012 – LRCA earned the U.S. Department of Education National Blue Ribbon for all divisions K-12.

2012-13 - Warrior Hall constructed to provide a home for a growing fine arts program. Middle school and junior high split into unique divisions with updated buildings.

2013-14 – New baseball and softball fields on campus provide excellent competition and practice facilities.

2015 – S.T.E.M. Initiative introduced a new elementary S.T.E.M. lab and curriculum along with Chromebooks for all junior high students.




Powered by Finalsite