Little Rock Christian Academy is now accepting applications for the following positions:
Learner Services (Grade 5)
- Experience working with students with various learning disabilities
- Classroom teaching experience
- Ability to assist with math skills up to 6th grade level
Any special training in Linda Mood Bell or Orton Gillingham programs is a strong asset.
Current position is for 5th grade which includes time in the classroom pulling students aside for academic support as well as a pull out study hall and before school math support. Specific job assignment is subject to change based on student need and qualifications.
Responsibilities include serving as liason between students/ teachers and teachers/ parents, implementing accommodation plans, providing morning math support as well as daily academic support in all areas.
High School Learner Services
Required Skills: Strong academic background in Math and English
Preferred Skills: Experience working with students who have Learning Disabilities, strong organizational skills, valid teaching license
This position involves working with high students who have diagnosed learning disabilities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to weekly assistance in managing deadlines with students, test prep, small group testing, communication with students and parents regarding assignments, serving as a liaison between students and teachers, teaching organizational skills, and managing classroom accommodation plans.
HS Principal (2016-2017 school year)
Little Rock Christian Academy is seeking a person to lead and direct our high school, grades 9-12, effective July 1, 2016.
Candidates for this important position will be evaluated according to the following leadership criteria:
- A proven track record of school leadership and classroom experience
- A growth mindset. It is imperative that our high school principal display a passion for learning and growth - personal, spiritual and professional.
- An enthusiastic, proactive, focused, outgoing, loving leadership style.
- A passion for God and a love of children, especially teens.
- An ability to sustain a culture of continuous improvement, lead a culture of collegial collaboration, use assessment data to monitor and add value to student learning and translate best practices in the classroom.
- An ability to inspire teachers to thrive and grow in their responsibility to teach well.
- Fluency in a historically orthodox biblical worldview.
- Professional communication skills, written and oral.
- An affinity for partnership, teamwork, collegiality, networking, problem-solving, conflict resolution and unity.