- Review the general requirements below.
- Fill out the substitute employment application and the I-9 form found in required forms.
- Watch the substitute training video and complete the training worksheet found in required forms.
- Review the training slides which provide additional tips and information.
- Bring your completed application, I-9 form, and training worksheet along with two forms of ID to the Welcome Center on campus and ask for Ruby Raine.
Background checks and principal approval can take up to 2 weeks. You will be notified once your application has been approved.
Individuals becoming a substitute teacher at Little Rock Christian Academy must meet the following requirements:
- Be an active follower of Jesus Christ and be an active member of a local congregation of the historical Christian church
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Highly organized with exceptional time management skills
- An interest of working with students of various age groups
- Ability to create a positive learning atmosphere, focused on student involvement/interaction
- Professional demeanor and personal integrity
- Ability to manage conflict and obtain positive results
- Ability to demonstrate safe work habits and maintain a safe environment for students
- Ability to successfully pass all criminal background checks
- Must complete on-line training for substitutes and return questionnaire
- Be 18 years of age or older and for all teacher positions must hold an associate’s degree or equivalent with the exception of the Wee Warrior Daycare.