First and foremost, we are a school – a Christ‐centered educational community in pursuit of truth, wisdom and knowledge with a focus on preparation for higher education.
As a Christian school, we are an extension of Christ’s church and the Christian home. Christian schools are stronger and wiser in partnership with the Christian home and local churches. At LRCA, we refer to this partnership as the golden triangle. It is the responsibility of the golden triangle to challenge students to maturity as Jesus, Himself, was challenged: “and Jesus grew in stature and wisdom and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52)
The agents of instruction are parents assisted by professional servant educators who know Christ intimately.
A strong education balances the artistic, athletic and academic pursuits to the glory of God and liberates all to serve others wholeheartedly.
The educational experience is void without the love of Christ demonstrated in authentic community and service. Love always considers the best interest of the other.
Across our spectrum of learners, “differences are a gift.” Not everyone learns in the same way, nor do all have the same ability. Accordingly, we aim to maximize challenge, maximize support and maximize potential of those we admit through selective admissions based on our mission and strategic goals and those students to whom we annually commit.
In terms of our philosophy of learning, we believe:
- Learning is a relentless lifelong pursuit.
- Every student’s potential can be maximized to the glory of God.
- Research informs our practice/methodologies.
- There is a core knowledge base that is essential to master in order to be fully educated. This content base should be incrementally acquired and meaningfully understood via effective teaching practices. Beyond the core, critical‐thinking skills are an intentional overlay of our curriculum.
In other words, well‐designed curriculum (constructed with the end in mind), learner‐centered instruction, proven, effective teaching methodologies and an attitude of life‐long learning add up to authentic learning and a well‐educated child.
The Learning Algorithm for Little Rock Christian Academy is formed by the following educational practices:
- Differentiated Instruction - knowledge of the learner guides the methods of instruction.
- Understanding by Design - clear learning objectives, vertically aligned within each discipline form the curricular base.
- LRCA Excellence Project - modeled after Danielson's Frameworks for Teaching.
- Professional Learning Community - through regular professional development opportunities both on campus and off, our faculty and administrators meet as teams, share ideas, learn and grow together.
PORTRAIT OF A Preferred LRCA Graduate
The Little Rock Christian Board of Trust developed the graduate profile to describe the ideal graduate. With Christ as the foundation, we pray and work toward our graduate leaving with:
- An authentic faith in Christ exhibited by loving and joyfully serving Him and others. (Luke 10:27)
- A Biblical WorldView that discerns truth; able to engage society effectively. (Hebrews 5:14)
- The necessary skills and accompanying discipline to become a life-long learner; able to flourish in a collegiate setting and subsequent vocation. (Hebrews 6:1)
- A desire to pursue healthy, Christ-centered relationships. (2 Timothy 2:22b)
- The moral fiber to persevere through life with integrity and wisdom. (Psalm 1)