ASU will now accept ACT Superscore!
If you are have applied or are applying to Arkansas State University, please note the important changes below.
1. The university WILL superscore the ACT for institutional scholarship offers beginning with fall 2018 offers. Admissions will also accept ACT superscores for admission to the university.
2. ASU will upgrade fall 2018 institutional scholarship offers for qualifying students who take the December 2017 ACT IF the student was admitted by the December 1st deadline and becomes eligible for a higher scholarship offer.
3. In regards to the A-State Scholar, any upgrades would only be A-State Spirit through the A-State Excellence scholarships because the A-State Scholar will be awarded around the second week of December, as always.
More details can be found here.
Please check your schools of interest for specific deadlines. November 1st and 15th are BIG deadlines for early action admission and scholarship applications at many colleges.
- Grading scale, if asked, is “4 pt. weighted.” The colleges will see that we weigh AP courses on a 5 pt. scale from your transcript.
- If you are applying to schools utilizing the Common Application, be sure to check for the supplemental requirements for each school. These may be a series of questions or additional essays.
- Please stop by the College Guidance Office if you have any questions about completing your applications or if you need help with your essays.
Recommendation Request Guidelines
- Please ask your teacher or counselor about writing a recommendation at least two to three weeks before it is due. Do not just have the college send an email saying the recommendation is needed.
- Tell your teacher/counselor (in writing) the date that the recommendation is due and provide an addressed, stamped envelope for the recommendations that need to be mailed.
- Be sure to give your recommender a resume as well as a completed parent recommendation form and student recommendation form.
- Always express your gratitude with a thank you note.
- Let the person who has written your recommendation know about your admission/scholarship status once you are informed.
**Waiving Rights: Check "yes" regarding "waiving rights to see your recommendations." Some applications list these as "FERPA" rights. Be sure to waive these. Schools tend to disregard recommendations they feel the student has been able to see and perhaps alter.
FREE ACT PREP + MORE
OpenEd recommends the best content from more than 25,000 resources to address each student’s personal academic areas of need. Videos, games, and activities are sorted in an easy to navigate “smart library.” As students complete homework and quizzes, additional content is recommended based on incorrect answers and areas of need.
OpenEd’s free resource library includes content from:
- Khan Academy
- Crash Course
- Splash Math
- Mr. Nussbaum
- And many more
Youscience aptitude testing for lrca students
Learn more about the LRCA YouScience administration here.
Sarah Jones - Academic & College Counselor
Last names A-J
Matthew Foster - Academic & College Counselor
Last names K-Z
For official transcript requests, please email Kelly South at email@example.com.
For the latest Academic & College news, follow us on twitter @lrcacollege.