The Little Rock Christian Athletic Department exists to support the school’s overall mission by providing a Christ-centered competitive athletic program that develops Christian character, leadership, and a commitment to excellence. We seek to accomplish this mission by focusing on four core values (C4):
Christ Centered . . . fix your eyes on Jesus and seek him (Heb 12:2. James 1:4)
- Providing a coaching staff of called, committed Christian professionals
- Modeling Christ-like character to our student athletes
- Integrating biblical principles through discipleship, devotions, and other resources
- Teaching students to view athletics and competition from a biblical perspective
Competitive . . . so run YOUR race to win (1 Cor. 9:24-25)
- Enabling our athletes to achieve their personal best for the glory of God
- Celebrating each athletes’ unique abilities along with fostering team accomplishments
- Challenging students to reach their fullest athletic potential
- Developing a comprehensive program for all student athletes
- Providing professional coaches who strive to be life long learners in their respective sports
Character based . . . walk in a manner worthy of your calling (Phil 1:27)
- Instilling discipline and personal accountability
- Teaching student athletes to respect authority, teammates, opponents, and the games in which they compete
- Developing leadership skills to better serve the team, school, and community
- Instilling a desire to serve the school and community
- Encouraging participation and support of all sports and school activities
- Instilling in our athletes loyalty, integrity, patience, perseverance, love, joy, peace, and self control
Committed . . . Lay aside every weight and run your race with endurance ( Heb 12:1)
- Developing an unrelenting pursuit of a goal or potential
- Teaching our athletes to strive to be their best and do the most with what God has given
- Instilling in our athletes that Christianity is not an excuse for mediocrity or passive acceptance of defeat.
- Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. (1 Corinthians 9:24-25)
- We desire that when Warrior student athletes compete in the classroom, at practice, or in the game that they sense God's presence and run to win.
Johnny Watson has been LRCA’S Athletic Director since 2008 after serving the school as Head Football Coach and Track Coach. He is responsible for recruiting and leading coaches and athletic staff. Coach Watson brings an outstanding reputation as coach and as Athletic Director for over 40 years in Arkansas high schools.
He earned a B.A. from Southern Arkansas University and completed his Master of Education at the University of Central Arkansas. Coach Watson’s honors include:
- Arkansas High School Coaches Hall of Fame 2010
- 5A Athletic Director of the Year 2011
- 5A Southwest Athletic Director of the Year 2011
- 5A Central Athletic Director of the Year 2012, 2011
Little Rock Christian joined the Arkansas Activities Association in 2000. Since that time the Warrior Athletic program has won numerous conference and state titles in almost every one of it's 23 sport offerings and has been recognized as one of the best overall athletic programs in the state. Warrior athletes have amassed countless individual All-State and All-Conference honors with over 100 student athletes receiving athletic scholarships to continue their athletic career at the collegiate level.