Today in Middle School:
Middle School Announcements:
The Middle School is collecting warm items for the Woman and Children First domestic abuse shelter. Donations of ear warmers, headbands, hats, gloves, coats and twin sized blankets for beds (not comforters) should be dropped off in the Middle School Office before Friday, Dec. 14.
Due to the threat of inclimate weather, the 5A State Championship game has been moved to Sunday at 2 p.m. All the same parking prices and ticket prices still apply, along with all security measures. Tickets are on sale at the Warrior Store through 3:30 p.m. today or at the gate.
Four Middle School students recently advanced to the Junior High Spelling Bee set for December 4. Sixth Grader Owen Sanders won the Middle School competition on November 12 and will advance to the Junior High event, along with other top Middle School finishers Piper Jones (5), Sydney Lavender (5) and Marshal Eoff (5).
The 6th through 12th grade bands and orchestras will perform their annual Christmas concert Monday, Dec. 3 at 7 p.m. in Warrior Hall.The concert will feature many Christmas classics and more. Admission to the concert is free, so bring your family and friends.
Kindergarten Club will be having their Thanksgiving feast Thursday, Nov. 15th beginning at 10:15 a.m.
The Middle School is looking to make a difference this Thanksgiving by collecting and donating food to the Women and Children First (WCF) organization now through Wednesday, Nov. 14. WCF will take the food given and disperse it among local families in need. Students are asked to bring the following: boxed mac and cheese, boxed stuffing, instant gravy, canned green beans, canned sweet potatoes/yams, boxed potatoes, rolls, and desserts such as brownie or cake mix. Contact the Middle School Office for more information.
The Warrior Store has an open house on Nov. 13 and plenty of new arrivals in time for early Christmas shopping.
Read Dr. Arnold's November update.
As a part of the “Back to School” week, Dr. Andrea Ramirez, Director of the Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives (CFOI), visited faith-driven institutions and mission-minded organizations practicing innovative approaches to student driven education. Read about Dr. Ramirez's visit to the LRCA here. #RethinkSchool
Back to School means a new year and a new school year theme. Read Dr. Arnold's letter and announcement of this year's theme. #webelieve
The latest issue of THE WARRIOR magazine is now ready for you! From a senior spotlight to news on the smallest of Warriors, review the spring milestones, news, and achievements at Little Rock Christian Academy
"Run to the name of the Lord...Run with horses" - our figure of speech for advancing the mission this year. Can you sense it among the students? Can you see it on campus? Can you hear it among the citizens of Warriorville? It's quite palpable. Making the turn into the final leg of '17-18, I'm eager to update you on three highlights...
Walking the streets of Portland, Oregon last summer, my eyes locked onto a storefront sign that read, “You did not wake up to be mediocre.” Ironically, it was a mediocre sign in an unexceptional, run- of-the-mill, second-rate, middling storefront. Nonetheless, the message of the faded sign was true. I did not wake up to be mediocre today. Neither did you.
In this article, Dr. Justin Smith, LRCA Upper School Head and Vice President, describes the Harkness approach of collaboration and learning. The Harkness table offers a neutral, safe place for students to test out ideas, interpretations, and applications with peers and an expert teacher. Not only do students grow in their understanding of content, they also develop invaluable communication skills as they navigate discussions and learn to learn from others, digging deeper and using textual evidence to support their points.
Middle School Event Calendar:
Calendar & Category Legend:
- Arts: Band - Beginning (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Arts: Orchestra - Beginning (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 5th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 5th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 6th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 6th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Cheer - 5th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Cheer - 6th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Football - 5th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Football - 6th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Volleyball - 5th Grade (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Volleyball - 6th Grade (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Middle School: BLAST (live sync from tandem)
- Middle School: Students - ALL (live sync from tandem)
- Middle School: Students - Grade 05 (live sync from tandem
- Middle School: Students - Grade 06 (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Friends of the Arts (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Instrumental Parent Organization (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Middle School (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Parent Teacher Fellowship
- Parents: Warrior Club (live sync from tandem)