Today in Middle School:
Middle School Announcements:
Flu season has arrived, and here are some ways to help your child avoid it.
The Warrior Arena is set to open late 2019.
Destination Imagination will meet weekly on Monday's from 3:15-4:00 p.m. so students can prepare and build their projects for upcoming competitions. The students will meet in room 505 (the HUB).
The Middle School had its' first ever Geography Bee on Jan. 15. After an initial round, nine students made it into the competition. The seven rounds of questions were very challenging. The top five students were: Isaac Ortega, Trip Reeves, Logan Teague, Eli Carson, and Kaitlyn Gore. They will compete next Tuesday, Jan. 22 against the top winners of the junior high geography bee.
Little Rock Christian Academy won the 2018 5A Arkansas State Football Championship and additional individual awards.
The Middle School is collecting warm items for the Woman and Children First domestic abuse shelter. Donations of ear warmers, headbands, hats, gloves, coats and twin sized blankets for beds (not comforters) should be dropped off in the Middle School Office before Friday, Dec. 14.
Due to the threat of inclimate weather, the 5A State Championship game has been moved to Sunday at 2 p.m. All the same parking prices and ticket prices still apply, along with all security measures. Tickets are on sale at the Warrior Store through 3:30 p.m. today or at the gate.
Read Dr. Arnold's November update.
As a part of the “Back to School” week, Dr. Andrea Ramirez, Director of the Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives (CFOI), visited faith-driven institutions and mission-minded organizations practicing innovative approaches to student driven education. Read about Dr. Ramirez's visit to the LRCA here. #RethinkSchool
Back to School means a new year and a new school year theme. Read Dr. Arnold's letter and announcement of this year's theme. #webelieve
The latest issue of THE WARRIOR magazine is now ready for you! From a senior spotlight to news on the smallest of Warriors, review the spring milestones, news, and achievements at Little Rock Christian Academy
"Run to the name of the Lord...Run with horses" - our figure of speech for advancing the mission this year. Can you sense it among the students? Can you see it on campus? Can you hear it among the citizens of Warriorville? It's quite palpable. Making the turn into the final leg of '17-18, I'm eager to update you on three highlights...
Walking the streets of Portland, Oregon last summer, my eyes locked onto a storefront sign that read, “You did not wake up to be mediocre.” Ironically, it was a mediocre sign in an unexceptional, run- of-the-mill, second-rate, middling storefront. Nonetheless, the message of the faded sign was true. I did not wake up to be mediocre today. Neither did you.
In this article, Dr. Justin Smith, LRCA Upper School Head and Vice President, describes the Harkness approach of collaboration and learning. The Harkness table offers a neutral, safe place for students to test out ideas, interpretations, and applications with peers and an expert teacher. Not only do students grow in their understanding of content, they also develop invaluable communication skills as they navigate discussions and learn to learn from others, digging deeper and using textual evidence to support their points.
Middle School Event Calendar:
Calendar & Category Legend:
- Arts: Band - Beginning (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Arts: Orchestra - Beginning (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 5th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 5th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 6th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 6th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Cheer - 5th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Cheer - 6th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Football - 5th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Football - 6th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Volleyball - 5th Grade (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Volleyball - 6th Grade (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Middle School: BLAST (live sync from tandem)
- Middle School: Students - ALL (live sync from tandem)
- Middle School: Students - Grade 05 (live sync from tandem
- Middle School: Students - Grade 06 (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Friends of the Arts (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Instrumental Parent Organization (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Middle School (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Parent Teacher Fellowship
- Parents: Warrior Club (live sync from tandem)