Distribution for the 2019 Yearbooks will take place April 17-18. Pre-ordered yearbooks will be distributed to high school students at a celebration event at the high school on Wednesday, April 17 (early dismissal day) starting at 2:15 p.m. Books will be handed out to junior high, middle school and elementary students by their respective teachers at the end of the school day on Thursday, April 18. Read more
Today in Middle School:
Middle School Announcements:
All schools will be out on Friday, April 19 for the “Good Friday” holiday. Enjoy your long weekend!
The Wild About Warriors PTF fundraiser brought in more than $30,000 at the annual event held on campus in March. In spite of the rain, participants showed up to take part in carnival games, Kanakuk stations, laser tag, gaming truck, petting zoo food concessions, a silent auction and more. High School Principal Dr. Justin Smith got to "Kiss a Kangaroo" after the high school received the most votes in the competition among the buildings. The Kinzler family won the raffle sponsored by Hickingbotham Investments for $5,000 toward their children's tuition next year. In addition to Hickingbotham Investments, Dillard's and Thrivent Financial were presenting sponsors for the event and helped covered expenses.
Tickets for the spring musical “Meet Me in St. Louis” are currently on sale. Students, faculty and community members can purchase tickets for the performances slated for April 4-7 by going to this link for the following showtimes. For information, contact Rita White in Warrior Hall at 501-868-9822.
Thursday, April 4 at 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 6 at 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 7 at 2:30 p.m.
The Destination Imagination State Tournament will be held Saturday, March 30 at Bryant Middle School. Participating students need to be at the LRCA Middle School parking lot by 8:10 a.m. and can expect to return around 5:30 p.m. Students need to bring a sack lunch or money to purchase food from the concessions as well as a water bottle. Students are allowed to wear Friday “free dress” and are responsible for keeping up with cell phones if they choose to bring them.
The sixth-graders will take a field trip to Conway Regional Expo Center to pack food for Feed My Starving Children on March 29. Feed My Starving Children is a Christian non-profit that packs and distributes food to people in developing nations. The food will be provided by Tacos 4 Life. Buses will leave at 8 a.m. and return at 2:30 p.m.
Wild About Warriors is set for Saturday, March 9 from 3-6 p.m. The annual fund-raising event will have activities for all ages, including a laser tag arena, gaming truck, Kanakuk stations, carnival games, food concessions, a DJ, petting zoo, Fine Arts performances, a silent auction and more. Many of the games and activities at Wild about Warriors are free; however, armbands are available for $10 each, which will give students access t5o laser tag, the video game truck, and more activities at the indoor facility. High school students who are willing to volunteer to work a booth at the festival will receive a free armband to enjoy during the second half of the event. Contact Mr. Salman to sign up to volunteer. Click here (wild about warriors) for more information or contact Megan Garrison, PTF president, at email@example.com.
Middle School Event Calendar:
Calendar & Category Legend:
- Arts: Band - Beginning (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Arts: Orchestra - Beginning (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 5th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 5th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 6th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Basketball - 6th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Cheer - 5th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Cheer - 6th Grade Girls (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Football - 5th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Football - 6th Grade Boys (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Volleyball - 5th Grade (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Athletics: Volleyball - 6th Grade (Live Sync from Tandem)
- Middle School: BLAST (live sync from tandem)
- Middle School: Students - ALL (live sync from tandem)
- Middle School: Students - Grade 05 (live sync from tandem
- Middle School: Students - Grade 06 (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Friends of the Arts (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Instrumental Parent Organization (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Middle School (live sync from tandem)
- Parents: Parent Teacher Fellowship
- Parents: Warrior Club (live sync from tandem)