U of A Summer Orchestra Camp
What makes this camp special?
Our mission is to improve the performance skills and broaden the knowledge of individual musicians through a comprehensive curriculum designed for the varying ability levels of the participants.
- Specialists on every instrument
- Nationally recognized artists, teachers, and conductors
- Private lessons (additional cost)
- Comprehensive program including band, orchestra, stage band, and smaller ensembles
- Dedicated, experienced staff
- Well-equipped, comfortable facilities
- Six hours of instruction per day
- Performance in at least one large ensemble during camp
- Planned, supervised recreational activities are available during appropriate non-instructional times.
- Counselors, artist-teachers, and conductors are hand-picked from across the nation based on their musical skills and rapport with young people.
Participants must have been enrolled in school band, orchestra or private instruction during the 2017-2018 school year and must be recommended by their music instructors (indicated by signature on application).
Who: Grade 7th-12th students with one year strings experience
When: July 15-20, 2018
Where: University of Arkansas in Fayetteville
- $450 if postmarked by May 11, 2018
- $480 if postmarked May 12 - June 1, 2018
- $520 if postmarked after June 1, 2018
Download the Camp Application and mail to U of A