Students receive 15 Awards at AR Young Artist Association's state conference
Wednesday, April 11th, the High School Art Department in conjunction with Art Society took 39 students to compete in the annual Arkansas Young Artist Association art conference and competition. Schools from across the state gathered at the Statehouse Convention Center to learn about the state of the arts in Arkansas, compete in a gallery competition, and compete in an on-site competition where students have 80 minutes to create a piece of artwork based on a prompt.
Little Rock Christian students represented our school well. LRCA recieved a total of 15 awards in various categories:
- Maya Griffin (12th Grade)--2nd place Chalk Pastel Realistic, 3rd place Acrylic Abstract, and 3rd place Chalk Pastel Expressive
- Caroline Blanscet (11th Grade)--2nd place Pastel Abstract and 4th place Mixed Media Expressive
- Jacelynn Horsey (10th Grade)--3rd place Altered Book and Honorable Mention Printmaking Linoleum
- Bennett Tinnerman (11th Grade)--2nd place Photography Black and White
- Erin Montegomery (12th Grade)--4th place Graphite Pencil Realistic
- Maggie Maddison (11th Grade)--2nd place Pen & Ink Realistic
- Harrison Kuhn (11th Grade)--3rd place Ceramic Functional
- Parker Moore (11th Grade)--4th place 1st Year Painting
- Audrey Davis (12th Grade)--4th place On-Site Competition All Dry Color Media
- Mary King (11th Grade)--3rd place On-Site Competition All Dry Color Media
- Alice Li (11th Grade)--Honorable Mention On-Site Competition Charcoal
In addition, Avery Moore was selected to participate in an invitiation only watercolor workshop based on the work she presented in the competition.
Congratulations to all of our participants and winners!